Policies and Procedures/Part 1
Inside Your Condo
- Shut off the water for the unit if you will be absent. This is typically done with the hot and cold shut-off valves located in the front closet. After the water has been shut off, open all the taps and drain the pipes from the lowest point in the unit.
- Keep the thermostat set at no less than 17 degrees Celsius.
- Ensure that all windows are closed.
Turn off the pilot light in the fireplace (see Heating
Your Unit section)
- It is good practice to have someone checking your unit weekly if you’re not a full time resident or will be absent for a few days. Review your insurance policy and talk with your agent/broker as may also be a clause in your contents insurance requiring regular checking of your unit in your absence.
- During your absence it is good practice to either have someone gather your mail from your mailbox or to put a hold on mail through the Post Office.
- If you are leaving a vehicle in the underground parkade, it is good practise to have someone check on the vehicle periodically.
- PEKA KEYHOLDER SERVICE: Please ensure that PEKA has a copy of your unit's entry key. Quick access to your unit may be required in an emergency or maintenance situation. There is no charge for this keyholder service by PEKA. Contact PEKA for arrangement details. Please note: if a locksmith is required to open your door in an emergency or maintenance situation, the unit owner may be required to pay for the resulting bill.